- Carbon footprint (actual)
- Carbon footprint (normalised)
- Carbon footprint by origin
- Contracts working towards BREEAM ratings (UK Construction)
Note: MENA stands for Middle East and North Africa.
Carbon footprint (actual)
Carbon footprint (normalised)
tonnes CO2e per £m
|Total Carillion Group||53||521||48||7.7%|
- This figure has been restated as there was an error in the 2011 sustainability report where a calculation used incorrect revenue data.
Carbon footprint by origin
Buildings and sites
- This figure has reduced as a result of a change in energy billing through the camps that we manage.
* MENA business includes significant transport operations.
Carbon emissions data is gathered and reported every quarter by our independent energy department. Information gathered includes fuel, travel and energy consumption. Electricity and gas data is based on half-hourly meters or taken from invoices using meter readings, and is reported in kWh. Road vehicle fuel consumption is measured at pump and reported to Carillion from the fuel card providers. Plant fuel data is based on expenditure and unit costs.
We currently gather data for scope 1 and scope 2 emissions, as defined by the UK Government’s Greenhouse Gas Protocol. Scope 3 covers indirect emissions from construction materials and their delivery to sites, facilities management services in client properties, and waste and water-related emissions from contracts.